I’m going to be honest and straight to it – 2012 was an amazing year for me in terms of experiences and success. Yes, my relationship failed and I got my heart broken, but jesus, that was minuscule compared to the ups that I experienced this year.
Let me recount them for you, okay?
- In January, I went to Singapore to accompany my crazy cousin, and by a stroke of luck, I got to see the Musee d Orsay exhibit!
- In February, I got to go back to Singapore to watch Laneway with my friends. I also got to travel with them, which as much as I loved Laneway, I think that was the best part. I can’t wait to do it all again this month, with more friends coming along!
- In March, I got to experience a lot thanks to my OJT. I even got to interview the former Chief Justice, which is a big deal for someone like me. I mean, I was an undergrad striving to do an amazing job at her OJT so it may lead to a good job after graduation!
- April..well I fucking passed my thesis and confirmed my graduation! Done with college, forever! Also, I went back to Hong Kong with my whole family and got to see the new Toy Story Land at Disneyland!
- May..well that was the month I tried to do everything that I missed out on during my hectic thesis days. Also, my team won the UCL! Well, my team also won last last year, but that was my La Liga team. My EPL team, Chelsea FC, won it for the 2011-2012 CL. Now, you all must have realised I was a crazy football lady judging from my Tumblr, but please excuse me, because college practically robbed me 4 years of La Liga, UCL and EPL. I get my news online, but I never get to watch on time, and that’s me getting lucky if they show replays. They usually don’t. Ugh here I go again rambling about football make Ysa shut up I know. (UCL = UEFA Champions League, EPL = English/Barclays Premier League, La Liga = Spanish League)
- June.. I FINALLY GRADUATED! also, the start of Euro 2012(football), which kind of dictated my life for a while. Also, i got a car(!!) and initiated a Magic Mike viewing party. A good month, yes.
- July..well I read a lot because I finally got a Kindle! I apologise for my behaviour towards it before, but I still do buy books, there are just some books that you need to own, but the Kindle did speed up my reading process which helped me get through so many books last year(omg that was literally yesterday)! Also, Spain won the Euros again! I had my heart set on Germany, I did, because I believed that out of all the teams out there, they deserved to win. But seeing their qualifying game against Italy..well. It was reminiscent of FIFA 2010. You could have learned something, boys. I rooted for them until the end, and it was hard for me because I’m a Spain fan (well they did adopt Barcelona’s Tiki-taka style so duh) so I had to stop rooting for Spain. In the end, my original team won, and I couldn’t be happier because fuck you, Mario Balotelli. You don’t deserve anything, asshole.
- August is my month, bitch. My birthday is on the 1st, and I spent it on a plane on the way to Singapore for the third fucking time. It was an amazing month because I got to travel with my mom and dad without my sisters and see the Harry Potter Exhibition! I also learned how to drive (after 21 years putangina) and I started looking for a job (my parents gave me like a 2 month rest- then job hunting).
- September is when I finally got my driver’s license! This was a busy month for me, because this is when I went on job interviews. I didn’t go to a lot, but I felt like I went to the right ones. In the end, I had to choose between 2 jobs, and I do not regret the decision I made at all. I’m a very lucky girl.
- October is employment month! Can you believe it? A few months ago I was slaving over my thesis, and now I’m a corporate slave! Well, as much of a corporate slave I can be. I do work at a Digital PR agency. As I said, I’m very lucky. I love my job, as much as it drains me, the perks outweigh the craziness!
- November’s probably my favorite month because I got to go to Cambodia! It’s been a long time dream, and to experience it with an amazing set of people just makes it an overwhelming experience. Couldn’t have been more perfect!
- December is of course, the best because my aunt and uncle came home, and I know it’s not the whole family but I can’t complain, I’m just super happy. I haven’t seen them in 2 years and it’s just amazing that they got to come home during the holidays.
Now I know I owe all of you an apology. I’m sorry I didn’t get to blog as much. I actually get all of your angry messages asking me why I didn’t blog this or that, and your tweets wishing I would blog more. I wish I could do, but I just wanted to a live a little more without having to think of anything else (meaning: omg I have to blog about this). My absence in Tumblr last 2011 is my presence here, and in 2012, I wrote on tumblr more because I didn’t have to write longer. Just a few sentences saying how I feel and leaving it at that.
I failed in a lot of things this year, but there’s no need to note them all because they did not bring me down as much as they wanted to (meaning yes, they were brought on by humans). 2012 was a damn good year for me, and even though I ended it semi-alone (Let’s go over that soon wink wink), I couldn’t be happier.